Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Hawaiian Classroom Tabletop Supply Organizer




Getting ready for the new school year, I have decided to go with a Hawaiian theme for my classroom. I am an organizer and wanted each of the seven tables (4 desks put together) to have all needed supplies (worksheets, paper, pencils, colored pencils, glue sticks, scissors, markers, dry erase markers and white board erasers) at the students' fingertips. I figured the time it takes to pass these things out, as needed, during the day, would give me more instructional time (and less messy desks!).

Definitely on a budget, I scoured office supply stores, Walmart, dollar stores, Target, and the internet looking for what I had in mind. No luck! Anything that might work was too expensive, and even these did not meet all my needs. My daughter and I hit one more dollar store and got creative! We found the green plastic totes for a dollar each, and the cute pink bowls and cups at 4/$1! I put together these tabletop supply organizers for under $2 a piece!

I just used a glue gun to secure the dividers (cups and bowl) in place. I'll fill them cheaply when the back to school sales come around. For a little more fun, I put the name of a Hawaiian island on each of them (Table Names).

This works great for the classroom, but could also be a great way to get organized at the homeschool!



No comments:

Post a Comment