Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fun, Free, Educational Tool - Edmodo



As I build my classroom website for the upcoming school year, I have been navigating other teachers' websites looking for great ideas.  I ran across Edmodo on one of those sites.  I had never heard of it and was curious.  I went to the site and was impressed!  It is a social networking site for students, teachers, and parents.

It is similar to Facebook, but safe and secure.  Your community can be limited to just your classroom, school, or homeschool group!  Users can check grades, assignments, comment with one another, answer teacher made polls and quizzes, and have discussions on teacher chosen topics.  Homework can even be submitted.  There is also an App for this!

Some other fun things Edmodo offers:
  • A place to share, edit, and store assignments
  • A calendar to keep track of important dates
  • A digital library where students can upload and retreive files
  • Groups can be created for different purposes 

I have signed up.  Many of my students don't have computers at home, so I haven't decided exactly how I will utilize this tool, but think that it will be a great way to build classroom community and teamwork, keep lines of communication open, integrate technology, and organize.  It is what you make of it and is 100% FREE!!!


Check it out!!             http://www.edmodo.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment